- To provide opportunities for the education of adults with special needs in order to facilitate and support independent living
- To provide, operate and maintain residences for adults with special needs
- To provide areas of social and interpersonal interaction between adults with special needs
Questions and Concerns that Parents of Individuals with Special Needs Struggle to Address:
- How do we find the best environment for our adult child?
- Is there a better option than a group home?
- How will we transition from home to a forever home?
- Will we find other adults he/she will enjoy living with?
- What kind of activities will he/she participate in?
- What type of food will he/she eat?
- Will he/she be able to cook?
- Will he/she have a job, volunteer or day program?
- How do we pay for care for a lifetime, what benefits?
- What happens to our child when we pass?
What makes 1st Life Planning Different
- Special Needs Family Designed, Funded and Governed
- Long Term Vision and Structure
- Path and Plan for Residency Transition
- Continuous Development of Services
- Reinvestment in Housing Support and Services
- Charitable Support Through 1st Life Planning Parents & Partners
- Parent Inspired Staff Training
- Social Benefits Family Education